• Why Choose CANADA?
  • Education Scenario
  • Application Procedure
  • Entry + Eligibility Requirements
  • FAQ'S

Qualifications Valued Around the World

Canada’s high academic standards and rigorous quality controls mean that you’ll be earning a high-quality education that will open doors for your future and benefit your career over the long term. A Canadian degree, diploma or certificate is globally recognized as being equivalent to those obtained from the United States or Commonwealth countries.

Affordable Education

The quality of education and living standards in Canada are amongst the highest in the world, but the cost of living and tuition fees for international students are generally lower than in other countries such as the United States and the United Kingdom. As such, Canada is often the preferred choice for students attending college or university.

World-Class Language Education

Did you know that Canada is a bilingual country and is considered a world leader in language training? Since teaching French and English as a first and second language is an integral part of a Canadian education, you will be able to improve your fluency and capacity for either language as you further your studies.

Permanent Residency and Canadian Immigration

International students can apply for their Permanent Residency, which takes up to 15 to 18 months from within Canada. However they need to meet the minimum eligibility criteria of 67 Points.

Canadian Education System

    • Education in Canada is under the complete jurisdiction of the provinces and territories (States) and as such, there is no Federal (Central) education system in Canada. In keeping with the national commitment to education, public education in Canada is free up to and including secondary school (12th Std), in all the provinces. At the post-secondary level, institutions are divided into community colleges and universities. A significant number of university graduates attend college upon completion of their degree in order to acquire vocational skills for employment.


  • Types of Certification
    • Certificate: Is a qualification awarded upon successful completion of a programme which is usually one year in length.
    • Diploma: Is a qualification awarded on the basis of one or two year’s of successful study.
    • Advanced Diploma: Is a 3 year program some of which may lead to a Bachelors Degree.
    • Bachelor’s Degrees: Are awarded by Universities/ University Colleges/ Community Colleges after four years of full-time study and lead to graduate level studies.
    • Post Graduate Diplomas / Certificates: It leads to a Masters Degree. These programs have work terms which provide full-time opportunities to gain practical experience along with theoretical studies. A typical co-op term lasts 12 to 17 weeks. The prerequisite to participate in these programs is a Bachelor’s Degree of 3 or 4 years duration.
    • Master’s Degree: Is the next step after Bachelors Degree. Graduates who have an interest in further learning and research and also for those who want to broaden their career possibilities. It is for 2 yrs duration and can be pursued after a 4 yrs Bachelor’s degree or a 3yrs Bachelor’s degree & a 1year Post Graduate Diploma from Canada.
    • Doctorate or PhD: Is a degree ranking above the Masters Degree and generally requires four to seven years to complete

Intakes: International students are expected to start planning for their studies in Canada 1 year in advance. The major intake for Canada primarily is ‘Fall’ i.e. in September. The other intake is in the month of ‘Winter’ i.e. January, but it depends on the students program and the institution that he/she is applying to. Very few institutes might have the May intake as well.

All students must be fluent in English if they are applying to Canadian Institutes. International students need to reach the required level of English language competence. All students should take up the IELTS or TOEFL(iBT)exams. An IELTS band of 6.0/6.5 for Undergraduate & 6.5/7 for Postgraduate courses or a TOEFL score of 80 and above for Undergraduate and 90 and above for Post Graduate courses is desirable.

    • What is the difference between a University and a College?Universities are educational institutions attended after at least 12 years of school, or after secondary school, for studies leading to a degree and research. All Canadian Universities have four year bachelor’s degree programs, most offer one to two years master’s degrees and a number also offer doctoral or PhD programs. Bachelor’s Degrees can be granted by Universities, some colleges and some Institutes in Canada. Community colleges are two-year institutions that offer technical or vocational courses, or courses for transfer to a university, leading to a certificate or diploma. These colleges do not generally offer degree programs.


    • Can I study and work part-time to help finance myself in Canada?Yes, you can in certain circumstances. However, when applying for a student authorization you must be able to prove to the visa officer that you have enough finances to support yourself for the entire length of your study program. International students can work on the University/College campus, where as off campus work is permitted only after 6 months. Full-time students can work in their institutions without the need for an employment authorization. International students can work up to 20 hours per week during their studies and 40 hours per week during vacation. They can earn approximately C$ 7 – C$ 10 per hour. Students can work full time off campus during co-op terms and can earn approximately C$ 10 – C$ 15 per hour, amounting to C$ 400 to C$ 1,000 per month. You are allowed to work in Canada for 1 to 3 years after completing your academic program depending on the length of the program.


    • How much value would a Diploma hold ?Colleges offer a wide variety of Career-oriented programs like Advance Diplomas/ Diplomas/ Certificates. These programs are specially designed to give students the opportunity to learn and develop many marketable skills in their preferred career. It emphasizes on the technical aspects providing hands-on experience and fundamentals of the program. These programs give the students a practical background that employers demand and help them to get jobs easily. It may often happen that students who have completed a vocational program may get better jobs/salaries than those who have studied in a University Degree Program.


    • Do I need Health Insurance?Yes. Health Insurance is mandatory. You will have to arrange for medical coverage before you arrive in Canada. Medical coverage varies from province to province, and sometimes from university to university within each province. Most of the Institutes have health insurance included in their tuition fees. You may also take health insurance from India.


    • Is my spouse/dependant allowed to work in Canada?If your spouse or any dependant wants to work while in Canada, they must apply for their own work permit. Your Spouse Permit will be valid for the same period that you are authorized to study in Canada.


  • Can I work after Graduation?Students may work up to one year if they have completed a one-year program and up to 3 years if they have completed a 2 years or more program.
  1. Algonquin college
  2. Brock University
  3. Cambrian College
  4. Camosun College
  5. Centennial College
  6. College of New Caledonia
  7. Concordia University College of Edmonton
  8. Conestoga College
  9. Confederation College
  10. Douglas College
  11. Durham College
  12. Fanshawe College
  13. Fleming College
  14. George Brown College
  15. Georgian College
  16. Humber College
  17. Kings University College
  18. Lambton College
  19. Langara College
  20. Lost Boys College
  21. Mohawk College
  22. Niagara College
  23. North Island College
  24. Northern Lights College
  25. Okanagan College
  26. Parkland College
  27. Red River College
  28. Selkirk College
  29. Seneca College
  30. Sheridan College
  31. St. Clair College
  32. Thompson River University
  33. University of Regina
  34. University of Victoria
  35. University Canada West
  36. Vancouver Community College
  37. Vancouver Island University
  38. MLC College






Please follow and like us:

You may also like