Why Study in the USA from India?
The United States of America needs no introduction. It is the world’s oyster if you want to fulfill your dreams.
The country is a home of diverse ethnicities, the highest number of top-ranked universities, and a picturesque landscape. The USA is truly a land for opportunities, a destination for immigrants seeking new vistas. It’s a country that is not only a pioneer in technological innovation and scientific exploration, but it is also highly regarded for its motion picture industry, and art and architecture. With the most international mix of people inhabiting the US, it is a true amalgamation of various lifestyles and cultures.
The U.S. has the largest population of international students with more than 800,000 students opting for this country as their most favored Overseas Education destination. Being one of the leading studies abroad destinations, the country opens the gateway for ample career opportunities to international students in various fields of work.
Top Reasons Why You Choose to Study in The USA
The country has emerged as a leading study abroad destination known for its top-quality education. Here are the top 10 reasons why you should choose to study in the US:
1. High-quality education
- The US universities can provide the best possible platform to international students, which is evident from their high rankings. Most of the universities have always held a major share in lists of top universities in the world. MIT was ranked #1 in the 2015/16 QS University Rankings, along with 10 American universities found in the top 20. 2015/16 Times Higher Education World University Rankings placed 14 US universities in the top 20.
- The Country boasts of about 4,000 accredited centers of learning. Favorite amongst the Indian students studying in the USA are the Ivy League, large research universities, private colleges, and state universities.
2. Wide range of programs and courses
- One of the best things about studying in the US is that this country offers a wide range of study options to students. They can study everything from Russian history to nuclear physics. Engineering and business are, however, the most sought-after programs by Indians, followed by legal studies and healthcare.
3. Flexible and comprehensive course structure
- The Country’s education system offers the most comprehensive coursework to students with an equal emphasis on both practical experimentation and theoretical learning. It also allows you to try a range of subjects before specializing in one. Even if you know exactly what you want to do, you can study additional subjects and add depth to your education. The classes are structured in a way that the students can create their curriculum and study what they love the most. Studying in the USA offers enthralling campus life includes innumerable extracurricular activities, clubs, sororities, and associations. The focus is on creating scholars who also possess strong communication, leadership, and analytical skills.
- Here, students can always have the freedom to include ideas and opinions important to the area of academic interest.
4. Multiple scholarships and funding opportunities
- The US government offers a large number of scholarships and grants to international students who have opted for their overseas studies. Various other government and non-governmental bodies also offer external funds to students. Scholarship to students further decreases their cost of studying in the country.
5. The international experience that strengthens your CV
- Most institutes of the country have affiliations and tie-ups with employers and researchers in different fields. This ensures ample opportunities for students to obtain invaluable hands-on experience. In many cases, these opportunities are not available anywhere else in the world which helps students to strengthen their CVs.
6. Research and Training opportunities
- American Universities are known for their use of the latest technology, research, and techniques, providing the best available equipment and resources to their students so that they become capable of using the latest technology to carry out research and achieve the best process information. Being a student, you can assist a Professor by being a Teaching Assistant to them so that you can broaden your knowledge and skill set.
7. Make your stay comfortable with part-time job opportunities
- There are plenty of part-time and full-time job opportunities for international students both on and off university campuses. Students can easily land interesting part-time jobs while doing their undergraduate or postgraduate programs to make their cost of living easier and comfortable.
8. Vibrant campus life
- The universities are recognized for their vibrant campus life. Students can join a club, become a leader in student councils, write for the university newsletters or pursue their hobbies. A multitude of other extra-curricular activities is offered to students where they can choose from as per their ability and interests. Students can also participate in numerous extracurricular activities, co-curricular activities, clubs, groups, associations, etc. to pass their free time.
9. Career Opportunities
- The United States of America is the only country that provides ample career opportunities. A degree from any US University opens up a wide range of career prospects and broadens the scope of their future. International companies all over the world look for aspirants that offer them a diverse take or perspective. Hence graduates from US Universities are in great demand in the international job market.
Education In Usa
US universities offer various kinds of degrees catering to every student’s needs and interests. Students can study at any of the following levels to earn the following degrees.
University level first stage
- Associate Degree (AA)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BS, BA)
- Post-bachelor’s Diploma/Certificate
University level second stage
- Master’s Degree (without thesis) (MS, MA, Mengg)
- Master’s Degree research (with thesis)(MS, MA, Mengg)
University level third stage
- Doctorate (Ph.D.)
Top Courses For Indian Students
Top 10 Universities
Eligibility Criteria For Studies In Usa
The general criteria to apply to universities in the USA are mentioned below:
English language proficiency:
All applicants are required to take a recognized English language proficiency test.
- For undergraduate courses, a minimum TOEFL score of 80 is required
- For post-graduate courses, a minimum of 90 is required
- For undergraduate and post-graduate programs, a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 to 7 is required
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is mandatory for all programs in the US. For certain programs, it is mandatory to have a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) and Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores.
Eligibility Criteria for Undergraduate Courses in USA
Eligibility Criteria for Post-Graduate Courses in USA
Student Life In Usa
The United States of America is the epitome of freedom, fun, equality, and opportunities.
- The natives are very welcoming and friendly to international students. Most of the universities offer on-campus accommodation facilities to inspire international students to socialize and learn about various cultures. There is always something for the students to do during their time in the States. Towns are well-known for their dynamic and colorful nightlife with live shows, clubs, and entertaining zones.
Safety for International students in the United States
- All Universities in the USA have systematized safety plans which offer several safety resources to international students. University Campuses are normally the safest place for international students. Every campus has police assistance for the students. Most universities have staff and faculty members to guarantee better support and guidance to international students.
Universities provide the following support for international students:
- Language tuition
- International student counselors
- Visa application and processing assistance
- On arrival orientation programs
- Health, counseling, lodging, and employment service
Usa Study Visa Requirements
Mainly there are 3 different types of study visas issued by the USA for international students:
- F1 Visa,
- J1 Visa
- M1 study Visa
F-1 and M-1 study visas can be provided up to 120 days in advance of the students’ orientation day. However, International students will not be allowed to enter the country in F-1 or M-1 status earlier than 30 days before their orientation day.